Tuesday 7 August 2012

My night at The Fringe

Before I start I would like to apologize for the quality of some of the pics. I used my iPhone to save room in my bag and it is not taking as good quality pics as when I first got it :)

So on Sunday night my hubby and I went to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival to see one of my best friends performing her burlesque act in Chaz Royal's Sexy Circus Sideshow
Here is my outfit.
Jacket:  Mela Loves London @TK MAXX
Vest Top:  H&M
Shorts:  Miss Selfridge
Heel: River Island
Bag: Vintage
 
Necklace:  Dorothy Perkins
Woven Ring:  Dorothy Perkins
Leaf Ring: H&M

Lip Stain:  17 in BERRY CRUSH

I thought about trying a 50's look which is often associated with burlesque but it requires too much time and effort for my liking, so I opted for a pop of red on the lips instead of full on glamour. I have just started using this lip stain and like the fact I get the colour I want without it being too bright and in your face. Plus it lasts longer which is a bonus.


This is my favourite blazer at the moment and if you saw my wardrobe you would realise that I am starting to have a bit of  blazer obsession! They are perfect for dressing up any outfit which is ideal for me as I am a casual girl at heart.


Despite growing up in Scotland I had only been to see one performance at The Fringe until Sunday, and this show was very different to anything I had seen before.


The boys had us laughing and squirming with their comedy and alternative tricks and we enjoyed fun, cheeky and sexy burlesque acts by the lovely Serina Del Fuego, Anna Hulagan and Betty D'LightChaz Royal's Sexy Circus Sideshow cast will be performing 26 shows in total and runs up until the 26th of August in Venue 3.

  The cast

The wonderful Betty D'Light

After the show we went for a drink in the Havana Bar.
We had a quick catch up with Chaz and Betty before heading home.



So if you are after a quirky, funny, sexy show with a twist and you happen to be in Scotland, go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment