Wednesday 26 September 2012

Blank Canvas

This last month has been a bit chaotic for me and between hay fever and a cold, I spent the majority of last week with tissue stuffed up my nose so I could continue do get things done. Just for the record, I did not leave the house like this!
Any kind of beauty regime had gone out of the window and I did not feel nice inside or out, so on Monday I decided it was time for some TLC.

By focusing on my face, skin, hair and nails I felt that I would left with a blank canvas, feeling fresh and ready to be "me" again.

I began with the Montagne Jeunesse Cucumber Anti Stress Peel Off Masque, which isn't something I use on a regular basis.Once it had hardened slightly, moving my face felt weird and had me wondering if this is what botox felt like. Answers on a postcard please.
I have to say though, my favourite thing about this was pealing it off. I'm very easily pleased!

As I have eczema, I have to make sure I moisturise constantly so for a change I tried Vaseline Essential Moisture Cocoa Radiant Rich Feeling Lotion. I love the smell and leaves my skin feeling as smooth as a baby's bottom.


Last year my hair took a battering after having it bleached so now I am all about condition, condition, condition. However after neglecting myself for a weeks I hadn't been keeping up my my deep conditioning regime so yesterday I used some John Frieda Frizz-Ease Miraculous Recovery Pot Strengthening Creme Masque, which left my hair feeling silky smooth.


The last thing on my list was my nails, so after filing them down I applied Rimmel 5 in 1 Nail Care which can be used as a base and top coat. With its claims of providing smoother, stronger, longer, more moisturised and shinier nails, I thought I would give it a go and my nails definitely look shiny :)

***
Whilst the hope is that these products do as they say on the packaging, I think sometimes knowing that you have taken a bit of time for yourself and made some effort is just as important as getting the promised results.
When I feel overtired and run down I have to remind myself of my motto: The worse you feel on the inside, the more effort needed on the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment