Monday 16 June 2014

My Top 5 Favourite MAC Products

I first started using MAC products just over 10 years ago and whilst I happily use other brands, I always find my way back to using their products. Here are my 5 favourite MAC make-up items I use on an almost daily basis.



If I had to choose only one make-up item to use for the rest of my life, it would be this concealer. As someone who suffers from under-eye bags and dark circles, this water-resistant, lightweight product has been my saviour after many late and sleepless nights. It is also great for concealing any discolouration or blemishes I may have. Having only discovered a couple of years ago that it has an SPF in it means, that even in my early 20's when tanning was more important than looking after my skin, I had at least some protection from the sun. With its creamy consistency, a little goes a long way so I definitely get my moneys' worth out of it therefore, whilst being a bit more expensive than the average drugstore concealer, it lasts a whole lot longer than some at half the price.


Nowadays, I am happy to go without foundation as long a my skin is behaving itself however there are days when I need a little something on there to act as my security blanket. That is where this fab, water-based foundation comes along to save the day. Providing a natural, sheer coverage, it is just enough to give me that little extra confidence without looking or feeling caked, making it perfect for the summer months when I want to look as natural as possible.


Whilst preferring the minimal look, I am a fan of a little contouring to provide my face with some cheekbones. I had initially gone to Mac looking for a cream based product but was talked into buying this instead and I love it. It is highly pigmented so you only need a little and it stays put too.


I'm not a major lipstick kind of girl, especially during the day so if I do want a slight pop of colour on the lips then this is my favourite. The consistency is quite thick, making it long lasting, so I apply a small amount with a light hand to begin with, leaving me the option to build it up depending on how I feel. I love the texture of this, along with the glossy finish.


Whilst I don't wear this all the time, its is my go to item when I'm looking for a bit of a glow. It acts as a great highlighter which I like to use just above my cheekbones and under the arch on my brow bone. It glides on smoothly, blends well and yet again, goes a long way. 


What are your favourite products, Mac or otherwise, that you just can't live without?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment