Tuesday 24 June 2014

Real Techniques Make-Up Brushes

I spent most of my make-up wearing life applying products with sponges and my fingers, until I came across an article stating that it isn't always the product that is important but what you use to apply the make-up that makes all the difference (I personally don't buy this 100% but  it did make me think). Since then,  I  began to take an interest in using make-up brushes, watching beauty tutorials on-line. I very quickly became familiar with the Real Techniques brushes, designed with the sister duo, Sam and Nic Chapman who front the No.1 beauty channel PixiWoo, on YouTube.



Admittedly I do use a couple of other brands of brushes but these are by far my favourite. These feel smooth to the touch, blending products to perfection, providing a flawless finish, all whilst using synthetic bristles made of taklon, making them ideal for anyone who likes to use cruelty-free brands. It doesn't hurt that their prices are reasonable and are available on the high street, having to look no further than your nearest Boots or Superdrug, for example.


Another thing I love about these brushes is the fact that if like me, you are no make-up expert and are unsure about what brushes should be used for what products then you need look no further than the brush handles. These state specifically what they are designed for, making life a whole lot simpler.

I first bought a pack of four brushes that came with a holder to store them which comes in handy when travelling.


It can be carried using a small handle


or as a stand which I find handy when applying my make-up


As I am slowly building up my brush collection, I will be sticking with Real Techniques. A brand that provides great quality at an affordable price is always a winner in my book. Do you have any favourite brushes/brands that you like to use? I would love to know.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment