Tuesday 2 February 2016

My first Chanel!

My first post of the year probably should  have been a motivational and inspiring one but to be honest January totally dragged for me and I struggled to find my mojo. Now we are in February, I have no intention of starting off my 2016 blog on a downer and personally I can't think of anything more uplifting than a Chanel bag.


Ok ... so maybe not of the quilted leather kind with the intertwined CC logo, but my first Chanel bag all the same!


Inside my lovely little black and white bag was a gorgeous, classic red lipstick that every girl needs in  her make up collection. I received it as a gift for my birthday just days after watching a Favourite's video on You Tube in which a Chanel lipstick had been featured. For me it is one of those items that went straight to the top of my 'Must Buy' list that realistically I was never really going to get round to purchasing as I could only just about justify the price of  Mac lipsticks.



However now that I have tried and tested what feels like the silkiest, most luxurious lipstick I have ever used, I totally see what all the fuss is about and can safely say it's worth every penny. I'm not going to lie and say that the name of the brand has nothing to do with the feel good factor when wearing it. I mean, a bag is just a bag at the end of the day but when you see someone carrying a classic black CHANEL hand bag, made famous by Miss Coco herself, then it's no longer JUST a bag, right? 


When applying, it glides on the lips effortlessly and has the most beautiful sheen. I love the simple yet effective packaging, my favourite part being the gold detailing, which for me provides the extravagance. 


This is not just any old lipstick, this is my new go to item when I need a pick me up, extra confidence or just some good old Hollywood glamour.


Taken from my Instagram @lolabstyleme

I will end this first blog of 2016 here, and you never know, maybe my last post of the year will be about the ultimate of all bags. 

Photo credit: WhoWhatWear via Pinterest 

Well,  a girl can dream can't she?!

Have, you tried any of Chanel's lipsticks? If so, I would love to hear what your favourite colours are.


Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment