Saturday 16 June 2012

Support Your Local Designers

I was approached by one the teachers from the fashion course I did a couple of years ago, and asked to model in the end of year HND fashion show. The event was to showcase the work of students from the Adam Smith College. I was more than happy to help out and thought it would make a great blog entry.

Just before leaving my house it dawned on me that I would have to walk in front of a load of strangers. It wasn't as if there were hundreds of people, as it was a small show, but me walking in heels infront of anyone is a scary thought. It is a running joke amongst my friends that I walk like a man in drag when wearing heels so when not moseying from taxi to destination, I go with the motto 'the lower the heel, the better'. Unfortunately small heels were not an option for me at 5' 4" so off I went with my five inch bad boys.

Here is the outfit I wore to the show.


Shirt:  RIVER ISLAND (mens)
Top: H&M
Trousers: H&M
Shoes: RIVER ISLAND
Sunglasses: GEORGE @ ASDA
Necklace: EBAY
Bracelet: PRIMARK

 When I arrived, I was allocated a dress then had my hair done.

 

Most people went on to have their make-up done but time ran out so I had to do my own, boo!


Then after donning our outfits we were ready to go.


The camera does not do this dress justice but this was one of my favourite.
Dress by Ellen MacGregor


Dress by Jada Murray


Dress by Chloe Parnell


This was my favourite of the night, made from faux leather, suede and fake hair. I would definitely wear this on a night out.


Dress by London Bell


Again, the pictures do not show the dress off but in person this form fitting dress ooses sex appeal.


Dress by Nicola Doran

This dress is perfect for a sophisticated evening. The snakeskin and fringing adds a fun element to the dress.

Dress by Susan Briggs

And finally my outfit


The feather detailing is perfect for someone like me who is lacking in the bust department!


And this is where the dress brings sexy back (sorry that was bad but couldn't resist!) although I think if I was packing a little more junk in the trunk it would look even better. Think J-Lo!

Dress by Laura Groves

Overall it was a great night and was nice to see some promising future designers and their fab work. I am sure we will be seeing some of these names in stores a few years from now.

***

You don't always have to look a million miles from home to find great designers, sometimes they are right on you doorstep and if you support them from the beginning they'll appreciate and acknowledge your help when the whole world knows about them!

The majority of the pictures are the work of HAZEL TERRY, some were taken from my IPhone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment